Job Title - Northeast Territory Manager
Reports to - National Sales Manager
Location - Northeast US, (NY, NU, PA, VA, DC/MD)
Function - Sales
Job Type - Permanent
This role profile is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to incorporate changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Increase overall retail sales for the Northeast Territory through strategic planning, partnerships, and exceptional service.
Develop and execute a territory-based sales strategy that supports national and regional sales initiatives to reach and exceed sales targets.
Identify new prospects and opportunities within the region. Prospect, cultivate, negotiate and close new business.
Nurture key customer relationships, making a point to offer value and opportunity wherever possible.
Demonstrate behaviors and values that are consistent with the Grenade® culture, values and overall business strategy.
- Develop, implement and maintain a business plan for the designated territory, driving measurable results for stores. Increase retail sales, brand awareness and product education in healthy snacking retail locations.
- Work closely with retail partner management and employees to build lasting, mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Identify and correct instore merchandising issues as needed (displays, fixtures, product placement, pricing).
- Educate store personnel on product features, benefits, and promotions.
- Complete store visit follow-up reports, paperwork, and required training in a timely manner.
- Manage schedule independently ensuring territory visits are covered efficiently and per expectations. Meeting all deadlines.
- 50% travel required within region as well as occasional out of territory travel for national sales meetings, training and trade shows.
- Minimum of 2 years outside sales and merchandising experience.
- Advanced understanding of health and fitness industry.
- Experienced in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel user.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to perform tasks accurately without immediate supervision.
- Highly organized and enthusiastic individual with the ability to manage time efficiently.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of outside sales success.
- On the Go, CPG experience preferred especially in Health & Fitness Specialty sales.
- BS degree in business or relevant field a plus.
- Passion for health and fitness.
- Team oriented
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Fun, active and dynamic team-oriented work environment
- Rapidly growing company and team with room for career advancement.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Car & Phone allowance.
- Flexible schedule/ home office days.
- Comprehensive health and dental insurances.
- 401(k) Retirement plan with company match.
- Paid vacation/Paid holidays.