Job Title - National Sales Manager
Reports to - VP of Sales and Operations
Location - USA (Preferably near a major retail account)
Function - Sales
Job Type - Permanent
This role profile is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to incorporate changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Develop, implement and manage the company’s retail sales effortsin grocery and convenience channels.
Work closely with National and Regional broker sales teams, establishing sales goals, promotional programs, cross collaboration with our marketing team and working with key customers and prospects.
Demonstrate correct behaviors to support line manager and leadership teams, in line with the Grenade ®values and overall business strategy.
- Lead sales effort within the company, from the development of existing sales channels to execution of specific sales strategies. Delivers annual sales revenue consistent with the company’s expectations.
- Develop and manage revenue, promotional programs and sales targets in conjunction with key broker and retailers.
- Frequently travels throughout the United States, including attending key customer meetings and meetings with members of the sales team in their respective territories. Attends trade shows/events throughout the year.
- Helps develop annual sales plan that integrates with the marketing plan and is consistent with the company’s goals.
- Oversees all sales promotions, as contained in the annual plan, and has awareness of promotional effectiveness.
- >Instrumental in the company’s efforts in demand forecasting.
- Maintains and improves existing distribution model, including distributors and direct DC distribution.
- Monitors competitive environment, including specific data on direct competitors, their products, sales strategies and pricing.
- Develops and maintains various channel strategies for all business.
- Provide monthly updates of progress on the annual sales plan.
- Maintains relationships with influential industry leaders and key strategic associates.
- Advocates marketing programs and processes within the sales area of focus.
- Coordinates with Production, Shipping, Finance Departments to ensure that maximum productivity and efficiency and is achieved.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to self-start and proactively determine course of action and make decisions.
- Skilled in interacting, communicating, and presenting to brokers and customers.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities that gain positive results through excellent sales and management skills.
- Possesses strong knowledge of company products, knowledge of healthy snacking and protein products a plus
- Advanced presentation, interpersonal, time management, and organization skills.
- A minimum of 5 years sales experience preferably in the CPG and grocery/convenience channels.
- Proven experience calling on National and Regional Supermarket and Convenience Retailers.
- Relationship-building skills, technically savvy, and creativity.
- Strong planning, scheduling and organizational skills. Strong ability to manage relationships with brokers fostering their success and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, and/or other related field, or experience commensurate with this position required.
- A minimum of 5 years of managing and/or supervisory experience required.