Nutty vegan chocolate cake
There’s nothing better than a good old slab of gooey chocolate cake. We may be wrong, but we don’t know anyone who’d be able to resist this deliciously nutty offering from the talented The Blondie Baker. And, as this recipe is suitable for both veggies and vegans, you don’t have to!
Who’s up for giving this tasty vegan recipe a go? Well, if you do, be sure to tag us in your photos at @grenadeofficial – we’d love to see your baked goods!
360g plain flour
145g coconut sugar
50g cocoa powder
180ml vegetable oil
500ml sweetened almond milk
2tsp bicarbonate of soda
1tsp almond extract
30g flaked almonds
pinch of salt
200g icing sugar (sifted)
100g softened dairy free vegan butter
50g cocoa (sifted)
10ml sweetened almond milks
5 Grenade® Carb Killa® Go Nuts™ bars
1) First, preheat the oven to 180°. Then grease two 6” cake tins and line the bottom with a disc of greaseproof paper
2) Next, sift the plain flour, the coconut sugar, the bicarbonate of soda and the cocoa powder together into a large baking bowl
3) Once sifted, add all of the wet ingredients and stir well with a fork. Then add in the flaked almonds and continue to mix
4) Pour the mixture into the pre-greased cake tins and bake at 180° for 45 minutes
5) Allow to cool for 10 minutes before placing onto a cooling rack
Now time to make the frosting!
1) Start by slightly melting the dairy free butter in the microwave
2) Next, sift the cocoa powder and icing sugar together and add in the almond milk. Beat this together into it forms a frosting consistency
3) Once your cake is cool, slather the frosting on top and decorate with pieces of the Carb Killa® Go Nuts™ bar
Macros (per slice of cake with frosting)
Calories 499 | Fat 26.7g | Protein 10.7g | Carbs 51.6g
Hands up who's going to be giving this one a go? Remember, we've got loads of delicious recipes on our blog if you fancy something a little different - our Carb Killa® pronuts are the perfect protein-packed sweet treat.