Mini Carb Killa® spread pancakes
Now, we do love a good pancake. Especially when they’re drizzled in our delicious Carb Killa® spread. And especially when they fit our macros! Believe it or not, these tasty miniature pancakes are low sugar and low fat, meaning you can satisfy your sweet tooth without piling on the pounds. An indulgent breakfast treat or the perfect afternoon snack – you choose!
Lea Phillips, otherwise known as baking guru The Blondie Baker, is responsible for this winner of a recipe! Be sure to give it a go and tag us in your photos at @grenadeofficial.
15g oat flour
30g Hydra 6® Killa Vanilla protein
2 medium eggs
4g stevia powder
Fry Light cooking spray, coconut
1/8 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
100g Kvarg quark yoghurt, vanilla
Carb Killa® spread
1) Firstly, in a medium bowl or large jug, whisk eggs, yoghurt and a few sprays of the coconut Fry Light spray together
2) Next, combine these ingredients with the baking powder, oat flour, oats, salt and protein powder using a handheld mixer – mix until there are no lumps and the mixture is smooth
3) After this, heat up a non-stick pan on a low heat. Coat the pan with a few sprays of the Fry Light spray
4) Place your mixture into a squeeze bottle and squeeze a small blob of the mixture onto the plan (If you don’t have a squeeze bottle, you can use a teaspoon to do this)
5) Spread the mixture into a rounded, pancake shape and repeat
6) Once the pancakes start to rise and become a golden colour, flip them and cook the other side – they won’t take very long as they’re only small!
7) Finish by adding your favourite toppings to the pancakes – our personal fave has to be a drizzle of our delicious Carb Killa® spreads!
Macros per 4 pancakes
59 calories | 2g fat | 3.9g carbs | 6.1g protein
On the hunt for some more tasty protein recipes to try out? Look no further than our blog! We’d highly recommend our delicious Grenade® protein pizza recipe or, if you’re feeling extra indulgent, give our choc orange lava cakes a go!