Mini banana and vanilla pancakes
Trust us, this isn’t just another protein pancake recipe. These delicious sweet treats are one of a kind. They may not look like your typical pancakes but they're packed with protein and are super versatile - they can be topped with whatever you fancy! In this case, the talented duo, The Cook and Him, have smothered our tasty Carb Killa® chocolate spread over these pancakes, along with caramelised bananas (give that a go if you’re feeling extra fancy!)
Unlike the usual dry, powdery protein pancake offerings you may be familiar with, these delicious treats are light and airy, making it waaaay too easy to eat more than just one or two (sorry, not sorry).
Give this recipe a go and be sure to tag us in your bakes on Instagram – we love seeing what you’ve been up to in the kitchen!
2 ripe bananas
180ml Carb Killa® Shake, Banana Armour
90g coconut sugar
2 scoops Hydra 6®
320g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1) First, preheat the oven to 170°. Grease a 12-hole mini loaf tin with low cal spray oil, margarine or butter
2) Next, peel the bananas and break up until chunks. Place these into a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher
3) Add in the protein shake, coconut sugar and the protein powder and whisk together
4) Then, sift in the flour and baking powder and, using a rubber spatula, mix everything together – stir up from the bottom of the bowl so that no flour pockets remain
5) Once mixed, spoon the mixture evenly into the mini loaf tins and bake for 25 minutes. Once cooked, leave them to cool on a wire rack
6) Time for toppings! To make the caramelised bananas, peel and thickly slice the bananas and place them into a large frying pan with the maple syrup and a small drizzle of oil. Cook them over a medium heat for a few minutes each side until golden
7) To finish, top your mini pancakes with the caramelised bananas or, if your prefer, slather on the Carb Killa® chocolate spread and sprinkle on some chocolate chips
8) Devour and enjoy!
Anyone for pancakes?! We’ll be surprised if you can resist this delicious offering from The Cook and Him! For more amazing healthier yet tasty recipes, head over to their website. You can also find more baking inspo over on our blog – these incredible Strawberries and Cream protein balls are so easy yet super tasty!
Always tired? Need an on-the-go boost during your busy day? Well, you’re in luck! Here’s 7 of the best...