How to make Carb Killa® S’mores
This American Dream of a dessert is sure to satisfy that sweet tooth! We decided to add our own twist and throw some Carb Killa® into the mix for the ultimate S'mores that taste just as good, but without the additional sugar and carbs!
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup granulated sweetener
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 large egg
1/4 coconut oil (melted)
Carb Killa® spread, Milk Chocolate
Large sugar-free marshmallows (we found them on Amazon!)
1) Start by pre-heating your oven to 325°F
2) In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients. Make a small well in the centre, crack in the egg and mix with a large spoon
3) Next, add the melted coconut oil and combine until the mixture resembles bread crumbs
4) Then, using your hands, knead the mixture until a dough-like ball is formed
5) Place the dough on a piece of parchment/baking paper and cover with cling film. Then, roll the dough into a rectangular shape - try and roll to about 1/8 inch thickness
6) Then, remove the cling film and cut the dough into one large rectangle (save the dough scraps to reroll)
7) Next, use a knife to score the dough into cracker-sized pieces, taking care not to cut all the way through the dough. Then pierce the tops of the crackers with a fork to create tiny holes
8) Once you've created your cracker shapes, transfer them onto a baking sheet or tray and bake for approx. 10-12 minutes, until the crackers are a golden brown colour. Allow the crackers to cool then carefully break them apart
9) Once cooled, it's time to build your S'mores! To create one S'more, spread a thick layer of Carb Killa® spread onto one side of the cracker, then place your marshmallow(s) on top. Either microwave for 5-10 seconds until the marshmallow is gooey or place under a hot grill for proper campfire feels!
10) Place another cracker on top of the melted marshmallow and that's your S'more done - now dig in and enjoy!
How good do these look?! Don't forget to tag us in your recipe photos - we'd love to see! Looking for something else to try out? Why not give this delicious Banana Bread recipe a go?