Hot Cross Fudge Brownie
260g Bread Flour
60g Hydra 6 Killa Vanilla
25g Caster Sugar (you need sugar for the yeast to activate)
2 x Tablespoon of Sweetener (optional)
7g Easy Bake Yeast
1 tsp Cinnamon
Big pinch of salt
20g Butter (room temperature)
120ml Warm Milk of choice (I used almond milk)
1 Egg (room temperature)
Ingredients for the cross
2 Tablespoons of water
Fudge Brownie chopped into small pieces
Dark Choc Chips
- In your food mixer attach the dough hook and add the Bread Flour, Hydra, Sugar, yeast Cinnamon and salt to the mixer bowl
- Measure out your milk and microwave it for approximately 20-30 seconds to make it lukewarm (not Hot, as it will kill the yeast). Pour the milk into the mixer bowl with your flour, now add the egg .
- Start your mixer on a low speed and let the dough come together. Then add the butter.
- Increase to a medium speed and let the mixer knead the dough for approximately 10 minutes.
- Spray a large bowl with some non stick and transfer the dough to the bowl, cover with cling film and let the dough rest in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a log shape and divide into 12 pieces. Take each piece and flatten it into a circle, add your choc chips and fudge brownie pieces and roll into a bun shape. Repeat for the remaining dough
- Prepare a baking tray with non stick or baking paper, arrange your buns onto the tray leaving room in-between each bun. Loosely cover with cling film and place the tray in a warm place for about 45 minutes and preheat the oven to 170°C
- Mix 10g of flour with approx. 2 tablespoons of water to form a thick, squeezable paste. Place into a small piping bag and pipe crosses over the buns
- Bake the buns in the oven for approx. 12-15 minutes until they have risen and browned on top
- Mix some Vitafiber or Agave Syrup with a touch of hot water and brush over the buns when they come out of the oven (optional for a glossy finish)
Makes 12 Buns | Macros for 1 bun
127 Calories | 18.6g carbs | 2.5g Fat | 7.1g Protein (excl. Carb Killa® & choc chips)
Always tired? Need an on-the-go boost during your busy day? Well, you’re in luck! Here’s 7 of the best...