Hazel Nutter protein cookies
Love is well and truly in the air and, we admit it, we’ve fallen head over heels for these delicious protein cookies – just look at them! And, trust us, they taste as good as they look!
The talented duo at The Cook and Him rustled up this recipe just in time for Valentines Day so, if you’re looking for a way to impress a loved one, give these sweet treats a go. Or maybe you just fancy baking something that’s friendly on the macro-front but also full of flavor? Either way, you won’t be disappointed with these Hazel Nutter cookies! Make sure you tag us in your photos on Instagram – we’d love to see your creations!
150g of dairy-free spread or a block of margarine
100g Carb Killa® spread, Hazel Nutter
120g coconut sugar
300g plain flour
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1) Start by preheating your oven to 190°c or gas mark 5. Line two large trays with baking paper or silicon mats
2) Add the dairy-free spread, Carb Killa® spread and coconut sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat everything together until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, you can use an electric mixer – we’d recommend this if using margarine straight from the fridge or, if mixing by hand, allow time for the margarine to soften before trying to mix
3) Next, gently mix in the flour and protein powder until the mixture turns into a ‘soft dough’
4) Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to around ½ cm thick. Sprinkle the top with a little flour to avoid sticking to the rolling pin
5) Using a circle cookie cutter (roughly 6cm wide), cut circle shapes from the rolled out dough. Use a smaller heart shaped cutter to cut a heart shaped hole into the centre of your dough circles
6) After this, carefully place your shapes onto the lined baking trays. Re-roll and cut the dough until it is all used up
7) Bake the cookies for 15 minutes then leave to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
8) Once cooled, spread half of the cookies with Carb Killa® Hazel Nutter spread and then top each with another cookie
9) To finish, lightly dust with icing sugar
Now you’ve done all the hard work, the real challenge is not eating the whole batch! Before you dig in, make sure you take a photo of your cookies and tag us @grenadeofficial. For more delicious Grenade® recipes, head over to our blog. If it’s tasty vegan recipes and vegetarian dishes you’re looking for, be sure to visit The Cook and Him website.
Always tired? Need an on-the-go boost during your busy day? Well, you’re in luck! Here’s 7 of the best...