Grenade® Christmas yule log
This festive favourite just got even better. Not only is this yule log smothered in our delicious Carb Killa® White Chocolate Cookie spread but it’s high in protein too! We’ve got Team Grenade® ambassador Elkie Chiu to thank for this stunning Christmas dessert. Read on to find out how you can create this festive recipe to share with your friends (or devour all by yourself, we won’t judge)! If you do give it a go, don’t forget to share your photos with us on Instagram and, of course, tag us at @grenadeofficial.
3 medium eggs
70g apple puree
40g Hydra 6® Protein, Chocolate Charge
10g cocoa powder
50g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
30g powdered sweetener
300g Greek yoghurt
50g Hydra 6® Protein, Killa Vanilla
70g Carb Killa® Spread, White Chocolate Cookie
White chocolate calorie-free syrup or a tablespoon of sweetener
1) First, preheat oven to 160°C. Beat the eggs until light and fluffy then add the sweetener and apple puree and whisk again
2) In separate bowl, mix the plain flour, cocoa powder, Hydra 6® (Chocolate Charge) and baking powder until combined. Now sift the powdered mix into the egg mixture and stir with a spoon until everything is blended – be sure not too over mix the mixture
3) Next, line a baking tray with baking parchment and spread the mixture onto it. Bake for 10 minutes
4) Prepare the filling and frosting by mixing the Greek yoghurt, Hydra 6® (Killa Vanilla) and Carb Killa® Spread in a large bowl. If you wish, add sweetener then refrigerate
5) Then, prepare a clean tea towel and, when the cake has finished baking, turn the cake onto the tea towel and peel off the baking parchment
6) While the cake is still warm, use the tea towel to roll the cake into a roll (this will make it easier to roll with the filling) and leave to cool. When the cake is still slightly warm, unroll the cake gently and leave to fully cool down
7) Next, evenly spread the filling inside the cake and gently roll back into the log shape
8) To decorate, spread the remaining filling over the rolled log and finish with a decorative sprig of holly – and there you have it!
Macros per serving (serves six)
256 calories | 17g carbs | 19g protein | 13g fat
Once you’ve demolished this delicious yule log, why not head over to our blog to see what other festive bakes you can whip up? Our puff pastry Christmas tree is both simple and tasty, while our mince pie recipe trumps store bought versions on flavour and macros – happy baking!