Go Nuts™ Ice Cream Pops
So, summer may be almost over, but that doesn't mean we're about to stop serving up those healthy treats to see you through the toasty weather. These vegan ice cream pops are smooth, creamy and topped with deliciously nutty Go Nuts™ protein bars! Oh, and did we mention, they're really easy to make too! You can thank The Cook and Him for this tasty recipe. Head over to their website for even more healthy recipes and treats. And, if you end up making these ice cream pops, be sure to tag us in your pics at @grenadeofficial.
140g cashew nuts
400ml coconut milk
110g maple syrup
60ml unsweetened almond milk (or your fave plant-based milk)
2 Go Nuts™ bars
100g vegan dark chocolate
1-2 Go Nuts™ bars
1) First, put the cashews into a heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soften for around an hour before draining. This can also be done in cold water up to 24 hours ahead of using
2) Next, put the drained cashews, along with the coconut milk, maple syrup and milk, into a blender cup
3) Break the Go Nuts™ bars into pieces and add to the blender cup then blitz everything together until smooth and creamy
4) Pour the mix into ice lolly moulds and freeze - we recommend leaving them overnight to ensure they're fully set
5) Before taking the lollies out of the moulds, melt the chocolate (either in a microwave or over a bain-marie) and chop up a few of the Go Nuts™ bars into fairly small pieces and put into a bowl
7) To remove the ice cream from the moulds, run each one under the tap for a few seconds until you can pull them out
8) Dip each one into the melted chocolate, using a spoon to pour/drizzle it over the end of the lolly then sprinkle over a pinch of the chopped protein bars
9) Store in the freezer and enjoy!
Who can say no to an ice cream? Especially when they look this good! Give these a go and, don't forget, there's even more tasty high protein, low sugar recipes for you to try over on our blog. Frozen Berry Protein Slices, anyone?