Ghostly Protein Truffles
It's all treat and no trick with these epic ghostly protein truffles, created by baking queen Elkie Chiu. These tasty Halloween treats are packed with protein and finished off with the coolest ghost decoration! Whether you're looking to whip up some healthier sweet treats for Halloween or simply want to get into the spooky spirit, these protein truffles are the perfect bake this October.
Give them a go and be sure to tag us in your creations on Instagram!
230g (1 can) of black beans, drained
50g Carb Killa® spread, Milk Chocolate
60g Hydra 6® protein powder, Chocolate Charge
20g coconut flour
5g dark cocoa powder
40g granulated sweetener (or your sweetener of choice)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Melted white chocolate to coat
5g coconut oil
1) First, drain and rinse the black beans
2) Next, place the black beans, the Carb Killa® spread, vanilla extract and sweetener in a large food processor and blend until it's mixed into a smooth consistency
3) Add in the protein powder, cocoa powder and coconut flour and blend until a soft 'dough' is formed
4) Then, take the 'dough' out of the bowl/blender and wrap in cling film. Place in the fridge for 30 mins to chill and firm
5) Once firm, divide the 'dough' into approximately 16 balls and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place back in the fridge to set
6) While they set, melt your white chocolate - you can use a bain-marie to do this. Add the coconut oil to the melting white chocolate and stir until smooth
7) Once the chocolate has cooled slightly, coat the set truffles in the chocolate. Place the truffles back on the parchment paper and into the fridge for 10 minutes or until the chocolate has set
8) After your truffles are set, use the left over melted chocolate to stick on the edible sugar eyes. Drizzle any leftover chocolate over the top of the truffles to finish
Macros (per truffles)
Calories 51 | Carbs 3.4g Fat 1.9g | Protein 4.3g
Give these ghostly truffles a go this Halloween - we'd love to see your versions! If you're looking for more sweet treats to try out, head over to our blog to find out how you can make some deliciously gooey chocolate brownies.