Chocolate protein baked oatmeal squares
You can’t go wrong with oats, right? Delicious, filling and pretty damn good for you – what’s not to love? Talented chefs and self-confessed foodies, the guys from The Cook and Him have worked their magic and taken oats to the next level. Feast your eyes on these incredible Chocolate Protein Baked Oatmeal squares! Rich and fudgy and packed full of protein, these indulgent treats were made using our Carb Killa® shakes, spread and Hydra 6® protein powder. They’re a must for those on-the-go snacking moments!
Give these a go and don’t forget to tag us in your photos – we love seeing your Grenade® creations. For more delicious recipes, head over to The Cook and Him website or you can also visit our blog for a host of tasty protein treats.
2 tsp ground flax seeds
2 heaped tsp Carb Killa® spread, Milk Chocolate
240ml Carb Killa® shake, Fudge Brownie
2 scoops Hydra 6® protein powder, Chocolate Charge
2 large ripe bananas
40g maple or agave syrup
½ tsp vanilla extract
240g rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
100g chocolate chips
1) First, preheat your oven to 190° and line a 9inch baking tray or tin with parchment paper, covering the base and sides
2) Next, put the ground flax seeds into a cup and mix with 80ml of cold water. Set this aside
3) Then, peel the bananas, break into chunks and place into a large bowl. Mash well using a fork or a potato masher
4) After this, add the Carb Killa® spread, the shake, the syrup and the vanilla extract. Whisk together and then add in the flax seed mixture
5) Next, stir in the oats and baking powder and mix well
6) Once mixed, pour the mixture into the prepared tray or tin and smooth to the corners
7) Before baking, sprinkle the chocolate chips across the top and push them into the mixture. They need to be visible but slightly submerged, so they don’t fall off once baked!
8) Now bake for 40 minutes until set and slightly golden
9) Finally, enjoy! You can eat them straight away (who could resist!?) or leave to cool before cutting into squares and storing in either the fridge or freezer
Macros (per square)
Calories 295 | Fat 10g |Carbs 42g | Protein 11g
So, who’s planning on making these deliciously gooey oatmeal squares? For more tasty snack recipes, head over to The Cook and Him. Or, if you’re looking for something a little indulgent, give these Carb Killa® pronuts a go.