Chocolate Gingerbread Protein Waffles
Who doesn't love a good waffle? Well, the talented Charley Roberts has created a whole stack, packed with protein, featuring a festive gingerbread flavour and filled with our delicious Carb Killa® Milk Chocolate spread. Trust us, they taste as good as they look. And, you can find out for yourself by following the below recipe and whipping up your very own waffles, whether it's for a fancy breakfast treat or an indulgent dessert.
Let us know if you give this recipe a go - we'd love to see your creations!
2 scoops of Hydra 6® protein powder, Chocolate Charge
100ml coconut milk
1tsp baking powder
1tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp agave syrup or honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
34g plain flour
3 tbsp 0% fat Greek yoghurt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
A pinch of salt
Carb Killa® Spread, Milk Chocolate
Coconut oil for cooking
Fresh berries for decoration
1) First, to make the waffle batter, combine the eggs, protein powder, coconut milk, cacao powder, agave/honey, Greek yoghurt, cinnamon, ginger, flour and salt in a blender until the mixture if smooth and creamy
2) Next, preheat your waffle iron - brush on a little coconut oil to avoid the waffles sticking
3) Then, pour the waffle mixture into the waffle maker and cook for around 3 minutes or until cooked
4) Once cooked, slice the waffles in half and spread the Carb Killa® spread onto each half of the waffle
5) To finish, layer with fresh berries and serve!
Like what you see? Give these delicious Carb Killa® Gingerbread Cookies a go - you won't regret it!
Always tired? Need an on-the-go boost during your busy day? Well, you’re in luck! Here’s 7 of the best...