Chickpea and Raspberry blondies
Yep, you read it right. Chickpea and Raspberry blondies. Who’d have thought this high protein legume would be right at the heart of this deliciously good recipe? Perfect for curbing that sweet tooth or as a post-workout refuel, these blondies are sure to see you through any snacking occasion. You’ve got foodie and fitness lover Nicola McPeak to thank for these sweet treats. Give them a go and be sure to let us know how you get on over on Instagram: @grenadeofficial.
1 tin of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
70g of peanut butter
50g pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
½ teaspoon of salt
¼ teaspoon of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
50g dark chocolate chips
1 Carb Killa® bar, Dark Chocolate Raspberry
1) Start by blitzing up all of the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips and Carb Killa® bar, in a blender
2) Once mixed into a smooth batter, fold in the chocolate chips
3) Next, pour the mixture into a lined baking tin and bake at 175°C for 15 minutes
4) While your mixture is baking, cut the Carb Killa® bar into small chunks
5) After 15 minutes, take the mixture out of the oven and add in the Carb Killa® bar chunks
6) Once the chunks are added, bake the mixture for a further 5 minutes
7) Allow your bake to cool before cutting into several blondie-sized squares and enjoy!
How delicious do these blondies look?! Try them out for yourself and don't forget to share your photos with us. If you're after more protein bakes and inspiration then our blog is the place to go. Why not try out our Nutty Vegan Chocolate cake recipe, a must for you plant-based folk.