Carb Killa® Salted Caramel Tart
If you're a fan of our epic Salted Caramel Carb Killa® bar, then you're in for a treat! Fitness enthusiast and self-confessed foodie Nicola McPeak has created this tempting Salted Caramel tart, drizzled with our delicious Carb Killa® spread and, of course, topped with the bar itself! If this has got your mouth watering, then why not give the recipe a go!
1) First, preheat your oven to 160°. To make the base, blend the digestive biscuits until they are a fine, crumb-like consistency
2) Next, melt the butter and add it to the digestive crumb mix and combine using a blender
3) Grease a shallow cake or tart tin and add the digestive mix, using your hands to press it down flat into the tin. Once the mix is pressed down evenly, place into the oven for 10 minutes
4) While the base cooks in the oven, pour the can of condensed milk into a microwaveable pot, covered with pierced cling film and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes - be sure to keep an eye on it to ensure it doesn't bubble and overheat. After 2 minutes, stir, recover and heat for a further 2 minutes. Continue to do this until the condensed milk has been heated for a total of 10 minutes. With each stir, the condensed milk should appear thicker (like a caramel consistency)
5) Once thickened, remove the condensed milk from the microwave and add a pinch of sea salt. Then, allow to cool
6) Your base should now be cooked - remove from the oven and allow to cool
7) Once the base is cool, pour over the condensed milk caramel mixture, spreading it out evenly across the base
8) Then, cut the Carb Killa® bar into small pieces and add to the top of your tart
9) Next, melt the Carb Killa® spread and gently drizzle across the top of your tart
10) To finish, set your tart in the fridge until the chocolate hardens
11) Slice and enjoy!
Macros (per slice)
Serves 8 slices
Calories 348 | Fat 16.1g | Carbs 42,2g | Sugar 26g | Protein 10g
Want a slice of the action? Get involved and give this delicious dessert recipe a go today - don't forget to tag us in your photos over on Instagram!