Carb Killa® Go Nuts™ Donuts
You know us - we're a sucker for a sweet treat. So, when The Cook and Him whipped up these deliciously nutty, chocolate dipped donuts, we had to shout about them! Not only are they super easy to make but they're lower in sugar than traditional donuts and they're vegan too! Fancy giving these a go? Don't forget to tag us in your donut creations over on Instagram!
1 tblsp ground flax seeds
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/3 cup (50g) coconut sugar
2 x 40g Carb Killa® Go Nuts™ bar
1/2 cup (125ml) unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup (140g) coconut yoghurt
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup (75g) dairy free dark chocolate
1 x 40g Carb Killa® Go Nuts™ bar
1) First, in a medium bowl, mix the ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of cold water and set aside
2) Then, in a large bowl, put the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and coconut sugar and mix together
3) Unwrap two of the Carb Killa® Go Nuts™ bars and chop very finely with a sharp knife or whizz in a food processor until well chopped
4) To the flax seed mixture, add the milk, yoghurt and vinegar
5) Preheat your oven to 180 Fan / 200 C / 400 F / Gas 6 and grease your donut moulds with a little oil or spray oil
6) Next, add the bowl of wet ingredients to the bowl of dry and mix thoroughly together, making sure no pockets of flour remain
7) Then, spoon into a piping bag either with the end snipped off or a narrow plain nozzle fitted
8) Pipe the batter into the moulds, filling each recess 2/3 full and then bake for 25 minutes until well risen and golden
10) Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the moulds before popping out then leave to cool on a wire rack
11) Once the donuts are cooled, break the chocolate into chunks and melt in the microwave or over a bain-marie (a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water)12) While that's melting, roughly chop the remaining Carb Killa® Go Nuts™ bar into small pieces
13) Dip the smooth, rounded side of the donuts into the chocolate then sprinkle with some of the chopped up bars
14) Leave the chocolate to set and then enjoy!
Easy, right?! Who is going to give this recipe a go? You can also try out our delicious Carb Killa® Pronut recipe on our blog. Or, if you fancy something a little different, why not try out our Carb Killa® pizza recipe.
Always tired? Need an on-the-go boost during your busy day? Well, you’re in luck! Here’s 7 of the best...