Carb Killa® Easter scotch eggs
It wouldn’t be Easter without a sweet treat or two, right? And, we’ve gotta say, these delicious Carb Killa® scotch eggs are a million times better than your average Easter egg. If you feel like getting creative this Easter, this recipe is a must-try! You’ve got the talented The Blondie Baker to thank for these tasty treats. Give them a go and be sure to tag @grenadeofficial in your photos.
15g vegetable oil
80g avocado (very ripe)
20g Hydra 6® protein, Chocolate Charge
40g caster sugar
60g egg whites
60g smooth peanut butter
40ml almond milk
75g chopped nuts
30g Carb Killa® spread, Milk Chocolate
1tsp vanilla essence
6 Cadbury Crème Eggs
1) First off, preheat the oven to 180°
2) Pop the peanut butter, oil, eggs, egg whites, avocado, almond milk and vanilla essence into a blender and blitz
3) Next, transfer the mixture into a large bowl using a spatula
4) Then, sift in the Hydra 6® protein powder and the caster sugar and mix well with a large spoon
5) After this, place the mixture into a 8” x 8” brownie tin. Spread the mixture evenly and then place into the oven for 10 minutes
6) Once baked and cooled, break up the brownie in a bowl and add in the Carb Killa® spread. Mix together until a paste like texture is formed
7) Divide the brownie mix into 6 separate parts and then prepare the nuts by placing them onto a large plate
8) One at a time, wrap the mixture around each Crème Egg and roll over the nuts so that the outside of the circular ‘scotch egg’ is coated
9) To finish, place in the fridge and allow them to cool for 30 minutes before digging in!
Macros (per scotch egg)
Calories 424 | Fat 24.8g |Carbs 36.7g | Protein 15.1g
If these deliciously gooey Scotch Eggs have got you in the mood for something sweet then be sure to knock this tasty recipe up, Easter or not! Remember, there’s loads of delicious recipes on our blog. Fancy a slice of chocolate cake? Well, our nutty vegan cake is definitely worth a go! Or, how about our Carb Killa® pronuts? Be sure to tag us in your creations over on Instagram!
Rumoured to aid weight loss, improve brain health and lower the risk of cancer, it’s no surprise that the intermittent...