Maximising muscle growth is built on laying the best foundations and getting the simple things right. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and influence muscle growth through different pathways, the most important of these amino acids has been shown to be Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). Grenade® Essentials BCAAs are designed for all types of athletes looking to make the most out of their performance and recovery.
Grenade® Essentials Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) are an 8:1:1 ratio. BCAAs refers to three amino acids: Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine, these amino acids are classified as essential and cannot be synthesised in the body. Grenade® BCAAs have additional Leucine added to create a potent 8:1:1 ratio. Leucine, often referred to as the primary Branched Chain Amino Acid, has been shown to activate mTOR pathways, which proceed to induce muscle protein synthesis .
Standard Branch Chain Amino Acid products opt for a 2:1:1 ratio of the BCAAs. Our BCAAs are a huge 8:1:1 ratio to incorporate a high-dosage of Leucine. Leucine is probably the single most important amino acid for bodybuilders and strength and power athletes. This BCAA, even at modest levels, can literally “turn on” muscle-building activity . No other single amino acid is known to do this to any significant extent on its own. Also, studies suggest that adding additional leucine to protein can increase the magnitude of protein synthesis (the process that builds muscle) .
1. Drummond MJ, Rasmussen BB. Leucine enriched nutrients and the regulation of mammalian target of rapamycin signalling and human skeletal muscle protein synthesis. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Met ab Care. 2008 May;11(3):222-6. doi: 10.1097/ MCO.0b013e3282fa17fb.
2. Crozier, S. J., Kimball, S.R., Emmert, S. W., Anthony, J. C., & Jefferson, L.S. (2005) Oral leucine administration stimulates protein synthesis in rat skeletal muscle. J. Nutr. 135: 376-382.
3. Koopman R, Wagenmakers AJ, Manders RJ, Zorenc AH, Senden JM, Gorselink M, Keizer HA, van Loon LJ. (2005) Combined ingestion of protein and free leucine with carbohydrate increases postexercise muscle protein synthesis in vivo in male subjects. Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 288(4): E645-653.
4. La Bounty, P., et al., The effects of oral BCAAs and leucine supplementation combined with an acute lower-body resistance exercise on mTOR and 4E-BP1 activation in humans: preliminary findings. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 5(Suppl 1):P21, 2008.
5. Tipton, K. D., et al. Postexercise net protein synthesis in human muscle from orally administered amino acids. Am J Physiol. 1999 Apr;276(4 Pt 1):E628-34.
6. Doi M, et al (2005). Isoleucine, a blood glucose-lowering amino acid, increases glucose uptake in rat skeletal muscle in the absence of increases in AMP-activated protein kinase activity. Journal of Nutrition. Sep;135(9):2103-8.
7. Taylor WM, Halperin ML. Effect of valine on the control of fatty acid synthesis in white adipose tissue of the rat. Can J Biochem. 1975 Oct;53(10):1054-60.
|BCAA PROFILE||Per Serving |
BCAA Profile: (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine), Bulking agent (Magnesium Stearate), Gelatine Capsule (Gelatine, Colour: Titanium dioxide)
Gluten, wheat, GMO free
How to Use
Training Days: take one (1) serving (5 Capsules) with water 30 minutes prior to exercise. For maximum results an additional serving can be taken post-workout.
Non-Training Days: take one (1) serving (5 Capsules) with water upon waking.
ADVANCED USER STACK
To get maximum benefit from our BCAAs you can stack them with a number of products from the Grenade® range.
Pre-Workout: .50 Calibre®
Take one serving of BCAAs with one serving of .50 Calibre® to prime your muscles.
Post-Workout: Hydra 6™
Take one serving of BCAAs with one serving of Hydra 6™ for optimal recovery and protein synthesis.
FAQS - BCAA 8:1:1
What are the benefits of BCAAs?
Leucine: Studies suggest that this BCAA, even at modest levels, can literally “turn on” muscle-building activity . Isoleucine: Isoleucine promotes muscle recovery, significantly increases glucose uptake and usage during exercise and stimulates human growth hormone (HGH) release . Valine: Maintains the nitrogen balance.
Will BCAAs be beneficial to me if I already eat a lot of protein?
Yes. Ingesting free form amino acids in the form of BCAAs provides different metabolic effects compared to consuming whole protein sources. Similarly, free form BCAAs will be absorbed quicker than whey protein.
Will BCAAs help me if I am dieting?
When in a calorie restricted state BCAAs are a great supplement to take. BCAAs will help preserve muscle mass when dieting.