About the job
The Grenade® story is one of roll-your sleeves-up hard work and a commitment to doing things better. Founded in 2009, our mission was simple. As sports supplement distributors we’d grown tired of selling a bunch of stuff that looked and sounded the same. So, we set about creating products that people would actively seek out and remember.
We are looking for a dynamic Supply and Demand professional to work with management, inventory, supply chain and sales teams in demand planning operations. Identify demand forecast risks and develop effective mitigation plans. Maintain demand planning processes to improve forecast accuracy, working with key stakeholders to plan, coordinate and execute demand planning activities.
- Direct the development, execution, and continuous improvement of demand planning strategy
- Hold responsibility for driving improvements on forecast accuracy.
- Develop, implement, and oversee all policies and procedures, for Demand Planning.
- Lead strategic initiatives to improve service, minimise demand planning costs and optimise working capital.
- Develop, direct, and support ongoing and new planning technology initiatives.
- Establish effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns.
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy.
- Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimates to board.
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies.
- Conduct monthly forecast maintenance.
- Management of forecast model.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or other relevant fields
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a demand planning/forecasting role
- Solid understand of inventory management practices and procedures
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong change management skills
- Ability engage internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to network effectively
- Proven experience managing complex projects under tight schedules