Social Media Specialist - International Channels
Overall Purpose of Role
Highly organised with a finger on the pulse for social trends, the Social Media Specialist will support the Social Media Manager to increase the growth and engagement of Grenade®’s international social channels.
Passionate about comms, you’ll be an excellent communicator, knowing more than a thing or two about great community management, with a solid understanding of Grenade®’s brand, tone of voice and the industry we work in. As part of this you will also be expected to also take the lead on the scheduling of posts and the drafting of witty and grammar-perfect (!) captions.
Pivotal to the role, the Social Media Specialist is expected to be the gatekeeper for both inbound and outbound content for multiple channels, working seamlessly with the Creative Team to brief-in shoots and the Influencer Team to brief-in content from Grenade®’s brand ambassadors.
Able to hit the ground running, you’ll be a whizz at managing your own to-do list, able to prioritise tasks effectively and proactively, remaining unflappable in the face of ever-changing business priorities. It will also be your duty to remain abreast of (constantly changing) channel nuances, communicating them to the Content Team and working with the Social Media Manager to ensure new processes and methods are adhered to.
Creativity is also a massive part of the role, with the Social Media Specialist expected to think outside of the box and have fun with reactive (and often disruptive) ideas, constantly aware of social media trends to generate engagement and warmth for the brand
- Work closely with the Social Media Manager and Partnerships Team to plan and execute social media comms in line with content strategy, and key business focuses
- Work collaboratively with the Creative Team and Social Media Manager to drive overall content creation for the business, based on channel requirements
- Manage multiple international social media profiles, with a particular focus on Instagram
- Draft accurate ambassador briefs for the Partnerships Team
- Maintain a ‘best-in-class’ approach to Community Management across social media platforms, with enquiries and comments responded to in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage the drafting of captions and the scheduling of optimised content at least one month in advance of publishing, working closely with the Social Media Manager
- Support on social media campaign proposals for key events, shoots and launches
- Be able to report on channel data accurately and effectively to inform ongoing content strategy
- Keep on top of the latest competitor news, digital trends, and industry innovation to share with wider teams
- Work with the market marketing managers to ensure content is in-line with current and future marketing campaigns
- Living and breathing social media, this is an always-on role, with very light touch community management expected during some evenings and occasionally at weekends
- 3 years+ in a similar role, ideally in an FMCG business
- A social platform native who not only manages social channels as part of a job but as part of their lifestyle
- Proven experience in growing social engagement and conversations
- A thorough understanding of brand awareness in order to increase sales
- Understanding of and exposure to international markets
- Experience of using social scheduling and monitoring platforms e.g., Sprout
- Photography / Videography /editing experience
- Excellent self-motivating, relationship, and management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to network effectively with our customers
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave including birthday off
- Flexible Working
- Study Support programme
- Huge Staff Discount on products